The primary mission of the Atlanta Fire Chaplaincy Corps is to effectively minister to the spiritual and emotional needs of all department employees and their families. We serve as liaison to the religious community and work together with various programs in an effort to help bring healing and hope to the Atlanta community.
Chaplaincy duties include:
- Support Fire Department personnel and their family members
- Assist employees and their family with estate planning
- Visiting the sick and injured
- Provide grief counseling
- Death Notification
- Funeral Preparation
- Serve as member of Crisis response team with EAP, GMAG, VWAP
- Visit all Fire Stations and other work Sites
- Work with clergy and community organizations to serve the citizens of Atlanta.
- Serve as Liaison for Senior Link program
- Offer Prayer for City Council & Special events
- 24- hour on-call response
The chaplain can be reached at 404-546-7000.